June 18 was Autistic Pride Day. Nobody ever tells me these things until it’s the actual day. Here is an Autistic Pride Day message from Ari Ne’eman and ASAN!
Lately Dani Alexis Ryskamp has been making all sorts of really excellent posts so I’m just going to lump them all together awkwardly into one part of the list.
- On autism and community
- On self-care after a conference
- On being indistinguishable from peers
- On how to choose a career while autistic (and why “special interests” are not the whole story
- On dating guides for autistic people
Here are some long but really interesting academic type posts:
- Emily Morson on special interests among neurotypical children
- A report on IMFAR 2015 (an autism research conference), with links to lots of interesting abstracts, by Shannon Des Roches Rosa
- Jim Sinclair (in Disability Studies Quarterly!) on being autistic together
Some potentially sad/upsetting social issues posts:
- Feminist Aspie on autism and gender violence
- Kerima Cevik on police violence
- Liam from Yetanotherlefty on how the social model of disability applies to mental illness