Posts about childcare and education:
- Chavisory on why we should not force children into friendships
- Alyssa Hillary has a nuanced post about the concept of “age appropriate”
- Crystal Garrett on the harm done to children by restraints in schools (TW)
- Real Social Skills on the assumption that parents of disabled children will grieve for their child
- Shannon des Roches Rosa and Carol Greenburg report on the IMFAR autism research conference
- A roundup of articles about “Me Before You” and why there are very large problems with how it handles disability
- Alyssa Hillary reviews “Uniquely Human” by Barry M. Prizant
Sadly, the murder of autistic people by their caregivers is back in the news again, so here’s a section about that. Everything in this section has the usual TWs that you would expect given the topic.
- Dani Alexis Ryskamp on suffering
- Kerima Cevik on the duty of severely disabled people’s parents
- Savannah Logsdon-Breakstone on survival and how it fails
- Autnot on not “looking autistic”
- Pierrette Mimi Poinsett on autism, Blackness, and anti-vaccine rhetoric
- Alyssa Hillary on the difference between plans and routines
- Sparrow Rose Jones on when mental health services are inaccessible
One Reply to “Autism News, 2016/06/23”
Adult with autism killed in group home. Killer set house on fire.
Comments are closed.